Luxury Family Holidays
ITC Luxury Family Holidays
What makes the perfect luxury family holiday is, of course, very subjective. At ITC we recognise family time is precious and understand how difficult the holiday discussion can be. This is why we are here to take as long as it takes, talking to you and getting to know your requirements to ensure that every aspect of your holiday is perfect for every member of your family, from the eldest to the youngest.
We hold a wealth of first hand knowledge that you simply can’t put a price on and draw on forty years of experience, with countless miles accumulated on our travel clock and strong supplier relationships. Entrust us with your precious family time and we guarantee we’ll go the extra mile to provide you with an exceptional family experience you’ll never forget.
Time is too precious to waste, even more so when it’s spent with your nearest and dearest, which is why we’re here to make sure every second of your luxury family holiday is time well spent!
The TLC from ITC...
Even the most perfect parents can do with a helping hand, so here are some of our insider thoughts and suggestions that make a good holiday a great one. Of course when you speak to one of our Travel Specialists, it’s the details like these that will really make the difference, so we’ve listed a few family-friendly ideas to give you examples of the kind of insight we can share with you.
Try out the Babe watch service on the beach at Sani Resorts, Greece - that allows you to grab a little ‘you’ time while your little VIPs are well looked after.
There is also the Baby Go Lightly programme available at the Anassa, Annabelle and Almyra in Cyprus. you can even pre-order essentials such as nappies, food, monitors, and potties, to be waiting for you on arrival - so you don’t have to pack them! This makes these properties very easy options for families with young children.
At Amirandes Grecotel Exclusive Resort, Crete their Tasty Corner is the kid’s Club dining area, which allows kid's between 3-12 to eat as much as they want for free, lunch is also provided plus snacks through the day. Best of all, their food is created by the Amirandes chefs and approved by a dietician.
Take a natural backdrop of dazzling beaches, swaying palms and turquoise seas; add a good pinch of laid-back atmosphere, season with colourful carnivals and reggae - then finish with a sprinkling of first class hotels, all offering superb family facilities.
What you have is the easy-going Caribbean; a region we know well, which extends a warm welcome to seekers of sun, fun and sophistication.
Time for them…
Splashing about in crystal clear shallow waters and dashing about on soft sands.
Time for you…
Great properties, many with state-of-the-art spas, mean you can indulge in a little ‘me’ time!
Spend time at one of the region’s many carnivals, for some serious family fun. Including Antigua Carnival and Barbados Crop Over during early August, St Lucia Carnival in June or Junkanoo in Nassau in the Bahamas on boxing day.
Best time to go...
The tropical climate means that you’ll find warmth and sunshine year round, although peak season is the winter months of December to April. So, for great family value, choose to travel between may and November to benefit from ‘low’ season offers.
- SubCat Antigua is a 28 passenger submarine, a unique experience the whole family will enjoy and a great opportunity for those that don’t fancy diving and for families with very young children.
- At the Stingray City you can swim with and feed Southern Stingrays in their natural environment.
- Antigua Rainforest Canopy Tour is an eco-tour through Antigua’s lush rainforest.
Family Friendly Antigua Hotels
- Catamaran cruises provide a great adventure for the whole family, and opportunities to snorkel and swim with turtles.
- Discover the underworld of stalagmites and stalactites at Harrisons Caves (you may even spot the Bob Marley formation).
- Board the pirate-themed Jolly Roger and sail up the West Coast. Drinks and snacks are served on board, but Dads be careful, just in case you need to walk the plank!
Family Friendly Barbados Hotels
- Coral Reef Club
- Sandy Lane
- The Fairmont Royal Pavilion
- Colony Club by Elegant Hotels
- Tamarind by Elegant Hotels
St Lucia Highlights...
- A sunset catamaran cruise (if you are staying in the north of the island) will sail you down to the west coast, stopping by at Marigot Bay, where ‘Dr Dolittle’ was filmed.
- Discover the Tree Top Adventure Park, built within the heart of rainforest it’s a real active day out for all the family! Chose to zip wire your way down on the Treetop Canopy Adventure or embark on the Rainforest Cycling or Hike Adventure.
- Remember to dare your family to drive through the volcano; the kids will really have a tale to tell on their return. Flowing sulphur springs and mud pools remain testament to the ancient volcanic activity and now provide therapeutic benefits. The world’s only drive in volcano allows you to discover different species of birds and wild orchids.
Family Friendly St Lucia Hotels
- Water babies of all ages will love Grenada, as it is home to Bianca C, the largest wreck in the Caribbean which, together with other exceptional wrecks, means it’s an excellent destination for diving.
- For snorkelling and scuba diving Grenada is also one of the best locations in the Caribbean and boasts the world’s first underwater sculpture park, where everyone can enjoy underwater gazing at the intriguing effects that nature has had on the sculptures.
- Enjoy an eco adventure in the lush Grand Etang Nature Reserve, marvel at the many waterfalls and, for families with older children, enjoy the thrills of river tubing on the Balthazar River in the tropical rainforest.
Family Friendly Grenada Hotels
St Vincent and the Grenadines Highlights...
- The Botanical and Montreal gardens are both magnificent places to discover exotic plants from around world, making them perfect for relaxing and unwinding.
- Take part in a variety of watersports, such as diving, kayaking, windsurfing and fishing, all popular activities.
- Visit Kingstown, the capital and a busy port. It’s a lively little city bustling with fantastic architecture, churches, shops, restaurants, bars and markets. It also hosts many of the famous tourist attractions such as the Botanical Gardens, Fort Charlotte, St Mary’s Catholic Cathedral of the Assumption and St George’s Anglican Cathedral.
Family Friendly St Vincent and the Grenadines Hotels
British Virgin Islands Highlights...
- Tortola Dolphin Royal Swim! Admire their agility as they speed and spiral around you, get up close with a handshake and kiss, and feel their strength and speed as these lovable animals glide you through the water. It truly is an exhilarating lifetime experience!
- A hike through Sage Mountain National Park that can take you to the highest point in the Virgin Islands, from where on a clear day spectacular views of neighbouring Puerto Rico can be enjoyed. Along the way discover the beautiful variance of flora and fauna. Your hiking guide will point out all the wonders of the national park, where vegetation such as the coco plum, fern and shrubs are hosts to native lizards and frogs.
- Don’t miss trying a watersport - boardsailing, surfing, windsurfing, kayaking, fishing and more are available to do here and it’s one of the best places on earth to try them.
Family Friendly British Virgin Islands Hotels
- Jungle River Tubing is an exhilarating adventure that begins with a gentle glide through a scenic route. A great escapade for families with children above 6 years of age.
- Test your athletic ability with a Canopy Tour as you are challenged on a mile long jungle obstacle course high above the ground. (The minimum age for this activity is 10 years.)
- There are many waterfalls in Jamaica but the most famous has to be the Dunn’s River Falls. Cascading gently down 600 feet ending by a beautiful beach, it’s a great adventure for everyone. Guided climbs make it reassuring for families.
Family Friendly Jamaica Hotels
- Popular land sports include golf and cricket, with two major cricket tournaments between March and November.
- The Nassau SUB Bahamas Adventure! A day out exploring one of Nassau’s famous reefs in your own seahorse shaped submarine in depths up to 15ft! A fantastic way to discover sea life alongside professional submarine guides.
- A visit to Atlantis, the 1,411 acre water park is a great fun-filled day for families. Brave their crazy rides, swim with dolphins - it’s so good you may even choose to stay.
Family Friendly Bahamas Hotels
Broaden your child’s horizons with a trip to the idyllic island jewels of the Indian Ocean and enjoy close encounters of the natural kind in the warm waters of the maldives and Seychelles, or head to mauritius for a fascinating cultural experience.
Time for them…
In the Seychelles many hotels run conservation programmes for children to learn about nature.
Time for you…
In mauritius their golf courses, designed by world class professionals, will be a delight for enthusiasts and novices alike.
It’s a great region to turn into twin-centre adventure, with the middle East and South Africa being good options.
Best time to go…
- Mauritius - October to April is its peak season, with temperatures favourable throughout the year. Due to the trade winds, during our summer season its best to head to the north of mauritius.
- Seychelles - The enviable climate is always warm and without extremes. This makes it a yearround destination for sun worshippers and beach lovers. In this tropical paradise the temperature seldom drops below 24°C or rises above 32°C.
- Maldives - December to April is usually the best time to travel as these are the driest months. However, with its mild tropical temperature it is a year round destination.
- Experience how it feels to be a castaway with not a care in the world. Most resorts will organise a picnic for the family and whisk you off to a private deserted island for lunch or the whole day.
- The inward facing side of each island enjoys very shallow, warm, crystal clear water. This makes it a perfect setting for lots of splashy fun for parents and children.
- If you have ever wondered what life must be like without the sound and convenience of a car, then here in the Maldives you have the chance to experience it. With land accounting for a mere one percent of the Maldives, you are unlikely to bump into a single car once you leave the Airport.
Family Friendly Maldives Hotels
- One&Only Reethi Rah
- Jumeirah Vittaveli
- Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa
- Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru
- Niyama by Per Aquum
- Lux Maldives
- Head to the south of Mauritius for exhilarating zip lines above the trees and river Galets.
- The resorts in Mauritius offer extensive facilities for every member of the family, from gourmet restaurants to extensive sports and water sports, so stay on resort for a few days to take advantage of the activities on offer.
- Take a trip on the island’s submarine, The Blue Safari, which will take you on an underwater tour.
Family Friendly Mauritius Hotels
- The Residence Mauritius
- One&Only Le Saint Geran
- The St Regis Mauritius Resort
- Anahita The Resort & Villas
- Constance Le Prince Maurice
- Constance Belle Mare Plage
- With waters like a giant fish tank, snorkelling and scuba diving is an absolute must.
- Some of the properties we feature allow you to choose to fly on a seaplane for your transfers. This is a great way to arrive at your resort having flown over the archipelago, enjoying a fantastic bird’s-eye view. The younger members of the family are guaranteed to love the takeoff and landing process.
- Take a tour exploring the island’s interiors and high up in the misty forests, you might be lucky enough to discover the exquisite wild orchids that epitomise the islands’ fragile, rare beauty, or a tortoise taking a stroll. Getting back to nature is a great way to spend some quality time together.
Family Friendly Seychelles Hotels
Travelling with little ones? Then don’t forget the great destinations on your doorstep, and take advantage of short flying times with a quick hop to Europe, renowned for its hospitality towards families.
Choose from an assortment of resorts offering dedicated children’s facilities and every kind of sport and activity imaginable. Or take them further south and explore the extraordinary diving sites of the red Sea.
Time for them...
At Aquacity in mallorca, located near to Palma, the world’s largest water park.
Time for you...
Santa Cruz, Tenerife’s capital features landmark modern architecture and brilliant retail therapy.
Take a trip on a pirate ship from Albufeira, Portugal, sailing along the Algarve coast, swimming in the sea and enjoying lunch onboard.
Best time to go...
- May to October is the best time to visit Spain and Mallorca. However, Tenerife is a year round destination with temperatures fluctuating only by a few degrees throughout the year. With an amazing 300 days of sunshine a year in Portugal and Madeira, they are perfect any time of the year. However from May to October is traditionally their peak period.
- In Cyprus the weather is as varied as its interior and the best time to go actually depends on what you are looking for. June to September is peak time, when the resorts increase the number of facilities they offer. For a peaceful break coupled with the beauty of nature then visit during October to May.
- If you are looking for a bit of action and lots of activities during your holiday then the best time to visit Greece is from June to September. May and October offers some fine weather, perfect for some early or late summer sunshine. The Italian Islands enjoy a very warm and sunny climate, with temperatures at their height between April and September and dipping no lower than 15°C in the winter months.
Spain & Her Islands Highlights...
- In Costa Del Sol, Tivoli World is a fun day out for the whole family with a host of rides to suit all ages plus shows and exhibits that include lifesize dinosaurs.
- On Tenerife you can enjoy the thrills of whale watching all year round. Or visit Loro Parque with an amazing collections of animals including parrots, penguins and dolphins.
Family Friendly Spain & Her Islands Hotels
- Abama Golf & Spa Resort
- Gran Hotel Bahia Del Duque
- La Residencia
- The St Regis Mardavall
- Kempinski Hotel Bahia
Portugal & Maderia Family time...
- Plan a day at the Zoomarine, which is an amazing theme park with dolphin shows, an aquarium, a planet awareness centre, a 4D cinema and a fun park.
- Enjoy an adventure at any one of the many water parks, namely Slide and Splash or Aqualand.
- Krazy World near Algoz is a great family day-out with a fun park, children’s farm, quad mania and two mini-golf courses.
Family Friendly Portugal & Madiera Hotels
Cyprus Family Time...
- Paphos, the birthplace of the Goddess of Love Aphrodite is worth a visit; here you can also explore the Tomb of the Kings.
- For local crafts visit Lefkara, where you can haggle for exquisite jewellery, pottery, leather and silverware.
- Just outside Limassol stands Kolossi Castle with its short drawbridge. Once you climb the top you will enjoy panoramic views of the vineyards that go on for miles.
Family Friendly Cyprus Hotels
Greece Family Time...
- In Crete visit the old town in Chania, watch the boats come in at the harbour, stop for ice cream in a cafe and wander through its winding streets.
- The Museum of Sea Life in Rethymno on Crete is located in a former abbey and has a huge display of all kinds of fish, fossils and shells.
- Visit Knossos Palace, a huge site where kids can learn about life dating as far back as 1900 BC.
Family Friendly Greece Hotels
Italy Family Time...
- In Florence, visit museums like the Uffizi, and provide your children with an appreciation of the works of some of the world’s greatest artists.
- In Sicily, Mount Etna dominates the skyline and you can take tours to see this natural marvel up close.
- From Pisa with its iconic ‘Leaning Tower’ to the more obscure delights such as Siena’s Gothic cathedral, full of treasures that include its marble pavement, Piccolomini library frescoes and incredibly ornate interiors, Tuscany has something to enthral everyone.
Family Friendly Italy Hotels
France Family Time...
- Family days can be enjoyed at one of the theme parks or fairgrounds on the French Riviera including Espace Marineland in Antibes, featuring Marineland the largest European aquatic park, Aquasplash and Adventure Golf, or Luna Park in Fréjus with over 50 exciting amusements.
- Outdoor adventures are plentiful with many equestrian centres, water activities on Saint Cassien Lake or Tree Trekking at Canyon Forrest at Villeneuve-Loubet Village.
- There are many museums to discover from the glassmaking factory of Biot to the Florian Confectionary set on the banks of the Loup river at Le Pont du Loup.
Family Friendly France Hotels
Fun for all the family? Surely not - isn’t there always at least one who’s unimpressed, tired or just plain pernickety? Well, prepare to be amazed when you take the family to the desert playgrounds of the Middle East, where state-of-the-art attractions include a ski-slope and man-made islands that can be seen from space. Everyone will discover something that amazes them!
Time for them...
In Dubai discover the first indoor ski slope in the Middle East and an exhilarating day for all.
Time for you...
Spend time at the Dubai Shopping festival which takes place annually during January and February.
Take the whole family on a desert adventure day with a dune safari.
Best time to go...
Mid October to mid April is the best time to visit the middle East as the temperatures are cooler and most favourable for families with young children.
- Wild Wadi and Aquaventure Waterpark in Dubai are ‘musts’ for the whole family.
- Children will feel like mini VIPs at the Children’s City in Dubai.
- Spend quality family time together with a guided tour exploring the Souks - but avoid Fridays and Saturdays as this is when they are most crowded.
Family Friendly Dubai Hotels
Submit your own travel blog
Been on an ITC Classics holiday?
Click here to submit your 300 word blog.